The Army Board for Correction of Military Records

Application Procedures

Who May Apply

Soldiers and veterans. If the Soldier or veteran is deceased or incompetent, the surviving spouse, next of kin, or a legal representative may apply. The application must include documentation to prove this relationship such as a certified copy of a marriage license, death certificate, or power of attorney as appropriate.

How to Apply

You may submit an application online
- or -
you may submit by mail a DD Form 149, Application for Correction of Military Record, available in fillable PDF format at:
DD Form 149.pdf.

You will need Acrobat Reader to view and use the PDF format. You may download Acrobat Reader to your computer for free from the Adobe web site.

Blank application forms can also be obtained from any military personnel/human resource office or by sending a request to the address below.

Army Review Boards Agency (ARBA)
251 18th Street South, Suite 385
Arlington, VA 22202-3531
Email for assistance -

What to Include with an Application

To support your application, please provide copies of all relevant military records in your possession and any evidence to support your request. Do not send originals. As part of your evidence, you need to provide copies of any correspondence you have had with other agencies to try and resolve your issue. The Army Board for Correction of Military Records can only address issues after all administrative recourse/appeals available to the applicant has been exhausted.